Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members,

I have a 2004 F350 dually. I wired up my electric brake box everything works except my brakes on the trailer. I checked all the fuses they are there and are not blown. Please somone shed some light. They are electric brakes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Hello members,

I have a 2004 F350 dually. I wired up my electric brake box everything works except my brakes on the trailer. I checked all the fuses they are there and are not blown. Please somone shed some light. They are electric brakes.

Thanks in advance.
Have you adjusted the gain level on the brake controller? Can you hear a humming/buzzing noise from the trailer wheels when the brakes are applied?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i raised the gain all the way up. and no buzzing sounds heard.is there a fuse that needs to be installed on the right side kick plate of the truck ? heard someone saing that

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
ok , but i get brake lights i see them come on the trailer
The brake lights work off different wires than the brakes. You have a brown wire that controls all the parking/running lights, a yellow wire that controls left turn, green that controls right turn and the bigger blue wire is the electric brake feed. (This may not be correct on all vehicles) butwe'll get then working. Check your fuse panel, #101 and see if there is a 30 amp maxi fuse installed. #101 is at the very top left.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if its a pendelum brake controller you need to set it. Does it have two knobs? one on each side

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuse 101 does have a 30 amp in it and its not blown.

I should have mentioned its a tekonsha voyager . yes it has two settings one for level and one for gain still nothing:dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Fuse 101 does have a 30 amp in it and its not blown.

I should have mentioned its a tekonsha voyager . yes it has two settings one for level and one for gain still nothing:dunno:
Ok, still need to get a test light and ground it good. Probe the pin on your truck that is suppose to supply the trailer brake feed and have someone push the brake pedal and see if it lights up.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if its not level it wont work properly

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry noob here. but when brakes applied how do i know which is for brake lights and which is for trailer brakes on the connector ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what do u mean level ?

also this controller has 4 wires coming out

white ground
blue brake
black bateery
red stop light

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Sorry noob here. but when brakes applied how do i know which is for brake lights and which is for trailer brakes on the connector ?
The one marked red stop switch hooks to the brake switch. The blue is the electric control. Depending on your setting on the controller tells how much power to apply to the trailer brakes. Are you hard wiring it or did you use the factory pigtail that plugs in under the dash?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
when you push your pedal the light on the controller should be bright red, if not turn the pendelum know until it is. It should tell you how to do this in the papers that come with the controller

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
He means, is the brake control moounted level? If it is an inertia style controller it has to be mounted a certain way to function properly.
it does not have to be mounted level, the pendelum just has to be set:thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not hard wiring it i bought the plug.

Yes when i apply the brakes the red light does light up

1 - 20 of 32 Posts