Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing gauges this weekend, EGT and Boost, and was just curious what kind of EGT's should I be seeing? Normal Driving, and while towing? Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
EGT's aren't the same for every vehicle,...they vary widely.

EGT's are directly effected by "load"....like body style, tires size/width, exhaust,weight of trailer, terrain(hills/flat), outside temps...etc.

Give us all your stats, location and then we could help you better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EGT's aren't the same for every vehicle,...they vary widely.

EGT's are directly effected by "load"....like body style, tires size/width, exhaust,weight of trailer, terrain(hills/flat), outside temps...etc.

Give us all your stats, location and then we could help you better.

Ah ok, well it's an 04 6.0L, Shortbed, Extracab. Stock motor (6.0L) except for a K&N Cold Air intake, and 5" Stacks. 285/70/R17 BFG A/T T/A. Pulling a 20' Enclosed Trailer, (about 2200 lbs) holding an 05 Roush Mustang, (3600lbs). Most the the roads around here are flat. No hills. It's been in the 80's 90's mostly this summer in Va Beach. need anything else?

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Ah ok, well it's an 04 6.0L, Shortbed, Extracab. Stock motor (6.0L) except for a K&N Cold Air intake, and 5" Stacks. 285/70/R17 BFG A/T T/A. Pulling a 20' Enclosed Trailer, (about 2200 lbs) holding an 05 Roush Mustang, (3600lbs). Most the the roads around here are flat. No hills. It's been in the 80's 90's mostly this summer in Va Beach. need anything else?
With your set up I would say anything between 700 to 800 is normal for cruising on the highway.....at idle you should see 350 to 425 an at WOT you shouldn't see above 1200 being flat and unloaded.....now when it comes to being loaded and grades, it all depends.....my advice is not to let it get past 1300 for very long

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah ok, not as hot as I thought it would be. sweet, thanks for the info!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts