Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy everyone what are to hott of egts to be running down the road? cruising, and crusing while pulling a trailor?

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
what temps are you reaching?? i drive at about 70 and never break 1000 on the freeway unless i am accelerating real hard. you can hit 1100 to 1200 and be somewhat safe. hit 1400 and hold it, your asking for trouble.

·
Premium Member
13,265 Posts
You dont want to go over 1250 for a long period of time. Short burst are ok just dont hold it there. While cruising it depends on how fast or how much the trailer weighs

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright so cruizing pulling a car trailor with another crew cab 6.0L on it and holding 900 is okay?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
cruising about 80ish i run around 7-800*.. when i dig into it and hit 100+ they hit 1200 easily.. with the trailer behind me it all varies on what kind of terrain im pulling on.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
70-75 no faster a whole lot of weight to stop what does everyone consider a long period of time?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
miles..... short bursts such as 1/8 or 1/4 mile drags or just opening up on the highway generally has nothing to worry about. unless the guys with lights on the cars are on the highway also:hehe:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts