Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have recently installed a sct x3 with rivercity diesel tunes which by the way are amazing. I was just wondering wat kind of egts you where getting on your street tunes i can gas on her for just a second and be hitting 1400 degrees wats up with that? Mods to my truck are Zoodad, Afe drop in filter stock exhaust no cat goin to 5 inch stacks love the power but not the heat any thoughts??? thanks in advance..

·
Smoke Eater
1,305 Posts
wow i run the extreme race from innovative... and hammering on it for long periods only gets me into the 1300s(although i never let it get that hi)... and normal runnin is 7-800

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That seems REALLY high. You may call River City and see if they can check your tune

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called river city and they said they would look into it for me. I was also wondering how much smoke you guys put out on extreme street?? :dunno:

·
Registered
589 Posts
What do you guys run stock. If you remember Id like to no because I can hit 1100 no problem stock and worried about when I get my SCT from cale.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i got ahold of RCD and man did they get er rite i am lovin it no my truck is a diff animal

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
1400 degrees?!?!? I was always under the impression that 1200 was the death mark. I've seen the heads on a few PSD that had thos numbers, and it don't look good. 1200 makes me nervous, 1400 would have me in a panic.... I could be wrong, but what I've seen on those heads ....:eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I run innovative extreme race and I can hit 1400 in a few seconds with WOT. I always thought that was pretty normal, although I very very rarely go full throttle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
time for meth

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
I run extreme street from innovative and was at the track the other night and i hit 1600 every time.

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
I run extreme street from innovative and was at the track the other night and i hit 1600 every time.
There is no way that's good on the valves,......that's seriously hot and above the melting point of aluminum by almost 400 degrees. Granted steel is over 2400 degrees, but just think about that for a second. 1600 degrees, 7.5 times hotter that the boiling point of water.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
There is no way that's good on the valves,......that's seriously hot and above the melting point of aluminum by almost 400 degrees. Granted steel is over 2400 degrees, but just think about that for a second. 1600 degrees, 7.5 times hotter that the boiling point of water.
Its a good thing our valves are not made of water i guess...

If its just a 1/4 mile run I doubt that temp will hurt it

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I hit 1600 all the time.... Normal driving when i speed up is over 1200... 16-1800 is not a problem when its only for a few seconds... I run Xtreme race all the time

·
Registered
25 Posts
im new here. what does EGT and WOT mean?

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Egt means- exhaust gas temp and WOT means wide open throttle
ahhh thanks. been seeing WOT everywhere and have been sitting here thinking to myself everything and anything that it could have meant.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts