Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how high does egt's get with a custom sct? i'm thinking of getting it for my 6.0 and would like to no how high temps to expect. thanks for any help you can give. i already have ats aurora 3000 turbo kit, regulated return, fire rings, head studs, bigger injector tips, afe stage 2 air.

·
Registered
999 Posts
all depends on the tune i guess

Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does the tow temps peak at? also the xtreme? i know every truck is diferent just looking at some insight. as to what people have seen.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
With my mods and a hard 1/4 mile run on my special track tune i can get 1600F.... On tow tune i have a hard time hitting 1200F pullin 12000lb enclosed gooseneck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With my mods and a hard 1/4 mile run on my special track tune i can get 1600F.... On tow tune i have a hard time hitting 1200F pullin 12000lb enclosed gooseneck
Thanks for the information thats the kind of information i was looking for. any body else

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Like said before...it all depends on many things,...launch, weight of the truck, tires, outside temp,..etc etc etc etc

I cruise @ 700-900, and get up to 1500+ on a hard run.

But I have a whole lotta, rolling resistance and mass compared to most people.

TANK

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Much like Tank 250 said, 1500+ is pretty easy with the bigger tunes. I haven't done a 1/4 run yet, but on hard acceleration up to 70mph I can peg the needle at 1600 on my ultra lites. Thinking I might need a water/meth injection soon. I know for short bursts it wont hurt things too much, but crusing at highway speeds I am between 900-1100.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like said before...it all depends on many things,...launch, weight of the truck, tires, outside temp,..etc etc etc etc

I under stand there is a lot of factors i'm just looking for general information. mine will read diferent do to the point i have alot of other upgrades. i also have banks intercooler upgrade, and snow stage 3 water and my tire size is 33-12.50-16s truck ways 7850 with just me in it. thanks for the information

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks guy's but for a stock truck without head stud what is the max you should see , or when i should left the pedal to be safe

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guy's but for a stock truck without head stud what is the max you should see , or when i should left the pedal to be safe
the head studs are for to high of boost not egt's. 1200 is safe for a longer period of time but 1500+ should be less then 30 seconds IMO.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
What are the norm egt's on the economy tune?

It still seems like the truck is extremely powerful even on the economy tune. I am a little reluctant to install an egt guage on my own. I am afraid of getting metal shavings down inside the header. I know I need to but just have not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I want to know where you recommend to place the egt , before the turbo of after to have a general idea of what's going in

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
there is a how to posted somewhere on here

it goes over the entire installation of the egt probe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts