Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose any one have some pics and/ or can tell me the best and easyest way to tap for the EGT gauge (Pyro) on an obs? thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
all you need to do is find a drill bit the size of the probe mine was 1/4inch i had to use a long drill bit, and drill the hole about 4 inches away from the hotside of the turbo on the down pipe very easy

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i saw some pyros that were pre and post turbo that is why i was asking. it seemed odd if it was pre you would take off the turbo to get the shavings out.

·
Registered
429 Posts
pre turbo and use grease on your bit. that's what i ws told and did. worked out fine its been a year and no problems. the shavings will stick to the grease AND GO SLOW"

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where did you tap pre trubo on the pipe comeing up the fire wall bout 3 inches showing?

·
Registered
429 Posts
TAP

ON THE DRIVERS SIDE MANIFOLD THE EXHAUST PIPE IS TO THIN TO TAP

·
Registered
62 Posts
make sure you do it on the bottom of the manifold and use a vacuum to suck up all the shavings

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I drilled the Passenger side manifold, right next to the starter from the bottom, lined up with where it connects to the turbo pipe (most of the shavings land in your face, leaving not much in the manifold to dig out with a magnet)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You dont need the grease. Just a drill, tap, and a shop vac. Thats all I did. Really quick and easy, no probs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts