Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2012 running Gearhead tunes on SCT X4, no limit block off plates with SCT EGT probe. I live in the Arizona desert and in July when it was 115* + out my EGTs were in the 600s cruising 70-75 and spiked in the 800s when climbing long grades. Recently it has been in the 90s and my cruising EGTs barely spike above 400*, does this sound normal?

I just want to be sure, as I am unsure if the ambient air temp would affect the readings so much.

Thanks
Dillon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also - all of these readings were on the tow tune. I just switched to the Hot Street tune this past weekend, but haven't noticed anything different on the readings so far

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2012 running Gearhead tunes on SCT X4, no limit block off plates with SCT EGT probe. I live in the Arizona desert and in July when it was 115* + out my EGTs were in the 600s cruising 70-75 and spiked in the 800s when climbing long grades. Recently it has been in the 90s and my cruising EGTs barely spike above 400*, does this sound normal?

I just want to be sure, as I am unsure if the ambient air temp would affect the readings so much.

Thanks
Dillon

Sounds pretty damn good to me... If 800* is the hottest you've seen it you've got nothing to worry about... rule of thumb is nothing over 1200* for prolonged periods of time :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
unless your truck just runs VERY cool, i can see over that just getting out of my driveway. 600-900 driving is an average cruising temp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts