Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a friend that is wondering what the normal temp is for his egt's. he has a bully dog power pup with out look volant intake 4 inch mbrp turbo back duals. he's running 1200 normal driving no load. what should he be empty and what should he be loaded (say 8000lbs)

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's seems way too hot, just normal driving!!! I have the superchips extreme/redline 120. At 65mph cruising, I'm about 600-650, at 75 700-750. I hardly ever hit 1000.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
yea thats hot, im around 700 between 75 and 80

·
Registered
750 Posts
Where is his probe installed? If it's in the ex. manifold, look and make sure its not right in the exhaust port of one of the cylinders. I'm trying to think why they would run so high..not too familiar with bullydog products, just heard to stay away from them...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Way too hot. I run 650 to 750 highway and I have 4.30's with 37's. I've never even seen 1200* hammering it on the hottest days.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yea that is really high, I do hit it getting on it real good though, actually I hit and go right to about 14-1500 for a few seconds...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
he said the egt probe is in the elbow. and 1200 is at 65 mph. is there any other reason it would be that high or is it a possibility that its because of the bullydog? 600 sound bout right for just cruising, most of our petes and freightshakers run that on flat ground at 60-65.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
close to a good cruising temp...

·
Registered
198 Posts
i had an 05 ford 6.0 4 x 4 and ran the bully dog in it. ended up trading the truck in because i messed up the tranny, and the fact that the engine was about to blow. i learned my lesson and didn't buy another one

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Yea something is wrong there. I had the bullydog triple dog and never hit over 1100 egt in it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no im not possitive but its not my truck either. he just asked me to try and find out what i could.(personally i think its the bullydog....)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i will let him know. do you think it's because he is in extreme mode? or possibly the fact that its a "bullydog" i've heard some bad things about what they can do to trucks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Extreme mode will really push the temps up. Watch that advanced timing...

Stay Tuned
Amp

1 - 20 of 35 Posts