Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a place to get a replacement EGT sensor for glowshift gauges? It is $50 from glowshiftdirect, just checking if anyone has found them cheaper elsewhere or even has one that they might want to sell.
Thanks

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I just ordered one on ebay and it looks almost exactly the same as glowshifts ( I have their gauges in my truck too ) for $18 shipped but it's coming from Hong Kong so it will be a while before it gets here.

Why are you needing a new one?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Just for added info, the length of wiring to the probe is important to accuracy. Most aftermarket EGT gauge setups will say in the instructions NOT to shorten the wires. How much a different wiring length will affect the indication of the correct temperature I have no idea.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't have the original threaded coupler, so mine was JB welded into a bung and it kept blowing out, so I tacked it in with a MIG welder and burnt through it on the last pass...

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
No Problem. The ISSPRO thermocouples are made in the USA right at their Portland OR plant. The price isn't unreasonable either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts