Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys got back into another 05 f250 where is the best place to put the egt/pyro probe and what are safe egt's to run...

bully dog triple dog

zoodad mod

stock exhaust completly straightpiped

those are the mods

thanks
adam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
seriously this big of a site and no one knows where the best spot to put it at

adam

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have mine on the drivers side exhaust manifold. I drilled and tapped from the bottom and greased all of the drill bits and tap I used. Had it in for a week now and towed a small camper and have not had any issues. Hope this helps. It also helps if I finish reading your original post. 1200-1300 is going to be the upper end of the temps (I would start backing down at 1200 personally) and I usually try to let the EGT get back down to 350* before I shut her down.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I installed my EGT probe on the "elbow" of the drivers side manifold...pretty much right in the corner. Was easy to drill/tap and easy to run the cabling into the cab.

Be careful when tapping the manifold....you don't want to go too far in with the tap as the tap is tapered and you don't want the probe in too far.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I understand the search tool can be intimidating, but this has been covered many, many many times. If you follow the instructions your probe came with you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help... no im not scared of the search tool ive seen passenger side manifold ive seen driver manifold ive seen y pipe where two manifolds meet ive heard after the turbo...

so sorry for asking trying to find the safest and best way

adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts