Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 6.0L that I installed a Bully Dog on. I pull a 16,000# trailer. Needless to say the truck works hard. I have the EGT probe installed in the manifold between the #5 and #7 cylinders. Most installations I see are on the bend to the Up-Pipe. Does anyone have an educated guess as to the temperature difference between where mine is located and the normal placement? My readings on reasonably level ground are about the same as some of the posts I've read (650-800 at 65 mhp). The concern is that at times I need to pull up 7% or greater grades for several miles. At that point my Bully Dog has defueled to Stock and my readings are as high as 1340 for several minutes.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Imagine if you didnt have a gauge to tell your temps you wouldnt know, those temps are reasonable. Your pulling up a grade with 16k lbs your gonna see temps reguardless bro, advice turn your Tow haul on and roll on it should help a little.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Some custom tunes would help that quite a bit, but Kevin is right. Imagine what kind of damage you could do without an EGT gauge...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts