Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, last week, my EGT isn't dropping after I park. And it's been pretty cold (for here), teens to 30's. Normally when the temps are cool like that the EGT drops to 350 or less almost immediately after I put it in park.

But now, I'm lucky if I can get it to drop below 450. Another strange thing is that EGT seems to drop lower (to 450 range) while it's in Drive, and if I put it in park or neutral, it will actually start creeping higher?

EGR is deleted, oil cooler has been replaced (twice), did ARP studs and gaskets last summer. It makes no sense to me. I've tried different settings on the heater (defrost used to make it drop slower if I had it on, doesn't work now).

EOT and ECT's are always great, 0-5 degree delta.

Any ideas what it could be? What can I check? I don't want to coke my turbo bearings.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My climate controls do have an 'auto', but I never use it.

No CEL's, I have tunes from Eric at Innovative Diesel. Been running them for almost 3 years now.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried that. Shutting all of it all the way off. Didn't really make any change. Something has changed and I can't figure out why. Sure, when it's 103 here in the summer, I expect it to take a few mins to drop below 400...but in the winter, it's simple, quick. So I'm not sure what's going on. Nothing else has changed, haven't done any upgrades or made any changes...which is why I'm posting here...I'm stumped. It's acting different than it ever has in 3+ years...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts