·
Registered
370 Posts
River City Diesel has a good one.

·
Registered
586 Posts
first coast diesel performance.
:agree: Its by far the best EGR delete there is, JMO. Also, great customer service.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think spending $500-$600 for a simple kit is crazy. I modified my up pipe and egr cooler. Plus it still looks stock, so no problems with the smog police.

I wouldn't be surprised this smog check goes national, the way Obama is going.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised this smog check goes national, the way Obama is going.
I live in South Carolina, if he tries to make it national, we'll just leave the Union, or something like that...:woot: Thank God for us stubborn ********

·
Registered
402 Posts
I live in South Carolina, if he tries to make it national, we'll just leave the Union, or something like that...:woot: Thank God for us stubborn ********
There you go! :thumb:

Lincoln pulled the union together.

Obama pulls the union apart.

How ironic isn't it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thats the good thing about River City Diesels kit, if it does get to that point, where everyone gets smog checked, you can just take it off and put the EGR crap back on.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thats the good thing about River City Diesels kit, if it does get to that point, where everyone gets smog checked, you can just take it off and put the EGR crap back on.
I just checked it out, nice kit.

I don't about you, but to restore the egr, it takes time. Then you're back with same problem that you're trying to solve.

My modified setup, it works just as well as the kit above. Plus, if the smog police is looking for the egr equipment, it's still there. But the egr is disabled and sealed. There's no way that the gases and the coolant (If the cooler is leaking.) can get into the intake manifold. They can't tell the up pipe and egr cooler are modified. I haven't had a single problem with this setup, plus it doesn't throw any codes. I've been doing this for a dealership when someone wants it done. I should get some pictures up when I get a chance.

I run Spartan tunes and I pull a 35' 11,000 lb. fifth wheel regularly with no problems. My latest mod is building a set of traction bars for my ride, it came out sweet (In suspension and steering, "Built traction bars".). Next is a front hitch setup, where I don't have to remove the fog lights.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I just checked it out, nice kit.

I don't about you, but to restore the egr, it takes time. Then you're back with same problem that you're trying to solve.

My modified setup, it works just as well as the kit above. Plus, if the smog police is looking for the egr equipment, it's still there. But the egr is disabled and sealed. There's no way that the gases and the coolant (If the cooler is leaking.) can get into the intake manifold. They can't tell the up pipe and egr cooler are modified. I haven't had a single problem with this setup, plus it doesn't throw any codes. I've been doing this for a dealership when someone wants it done. I should get some pictures up when I get a chance.

I run Spartan tunes and I pull a 35' 11,000 lb. fifth wheel regularly with no problems. My latest mod is building a set of traction bars for my ride, it came out sweet (In suspension and steering, "Built traction bars".). Next is a front hitch setup, where I don't have to remove the fog lights.
Pictures would be cool. I saw one of your posts about this a while back, and I'm heading the same route. I'm just waiting until the welder gets back and has time to do mine. I really appreciate you posting about this, you solved my conundrum for me. I didn't want to pay so much for a delete kit, plus I wanted to look stock (for just in case...).:)

I'm running a Spartan Phalanx now, and surprise surprise, all that newfound power has given me some wheel hop/ axle wrap issues as well. So now I'm following your traction bar thread and other threads on that here also. :D

Thanks for pics and info sharing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts