Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my own wastegate delete setup i wasnt going to pay 1100 bucks for something that is that easy to make for under $150. I got it all on and it works great but does anyone know what spring to use in the wastegate?? Mine is opening at around 28psi of boost.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I'd like to know how you made one so cheap! :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to know how you made one so cheap! :thumb:
i bought a used tial 38mm wastegate for $100 and some pipes to weld to the flanges. you get your basic egr delete kit with just the plugs and plates. in my case i made them. you take the plate that hooks to the port under the manifold on the driver side and put a hole in it i think i used 1 1/4 exhaust tubing. weld the tubing to the plate. the pipe from plate to wastegate flange is about 14 inches long. weld your wastegate flange on the other end attach your wastegate route your downpipe out the bottom or fender well and youll have to mess with the spring pressure. dumps it to the atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I think most companies are using larger gates. I'm not sure on the spring though. You want the gate to dump pressure at 65-68 psi of actual back pressure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think most companies are using larger gates. I'm not sure on the spring though. You want the gate to dump pressure at 65-68 psi of actual back pressure.
Yea they are using a tial 44mm wastegate. i think you can use a regulator to control when it opens. ill try it and let you guys know. My truck runs better on 29psi of boost right now than when i was running 52psi.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yea they are using a tial 44mm wastegate. i think you can use a regulator to control when it opens. ill try it and let you guys know. My truck runs better on 29psi of boost right now than when i was running 52psi.
what all have you done to your rig? i guess you do sled pulls?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what all have you done to your rig? i guess you do sled pulls?
mini maxx, full exaust, s&b cold air, built tranny with precision converter, water meth, egr delete with intake tube and wastegate.

soon to come 71mm low pressure and 59mm batmowheel for the high pressure and 110 nozzles ported fuel rails air dog 165 and head studs.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Go Precision Turbo billet wheels if you want to make more power. There was a test done recently. The billet Precision wheel out performed the BatMoWheel pretty much across the board. I'd hate to see someone lose some extra ponies because they heard the BatMoWheel was the greatest thing invented since sliced bread.

BatMoWheel = ALL HYPE

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go Precision Turbo billet wheels if you want to make more power. There was a test done recently. The billet Precision wheel out performed the BatMoWheel pretty much across the board. I'd hate to see someone lose some extra ponies because they heard the BatMoWheel was the greatest thing invented since sliced bread.

BatMoWheel = ALL HYPE
iv kind of heard the same thing but could never get any one to confirm. so your saying put a 59mm billet wheel instead?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Got pics? I was thinking the same thing for the wastegate would love to see where you mounted it if you didn't mind.

Jeff do you remember where you read that? I'll try and find it too, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got pics? I was thinking the same thing for the wastegate would love to see where you mounted it if you didn't mind.

Jeff do you remember where you read that? I'll try and find it too, thanks for the info.
yea i can get a pic in the morning. my welds arnt pretty but you'll get the idea

·
Registered
112 Posts
***'s old kits were setup with a 40mm gate with 21-psi springs. Then a regulator was used to adjust needed pressure on the head of the gate to allow the gate to open at desired pressure.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

BatMoWheel = ALL HYPE
Do they make precision billet wheels as a stock drop in replacement like the batmo has? If so where can i get one?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
iv kind of heard the same thing but could never get any one to confirm. so your saying put a 59mm billet wheel instead?
I don't think it's needed. I think a standard cast wheel in the high pressure is fine. The high pressure is basically used for back pressure control and spool up on the bottom end. I don't think a billet wheel is going to be a worthwhile addition to the high pressure if the low pressure has a billet wheel. Just my $.02

It's on Power Stroke Army under 6.4 Aftermarket. Should be on the first page. It's recent testing.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sir are you using your wastegate to control turbo boost?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks Jeff, will find it :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts