Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last week now my truck has been missing and cutting out as soon as I give it half throttle to full throttle and it does it with the SCT plugged in, and on stock too. Last week I cleaned my turbo veins on the inside of my turbo because I thought they may be sticking, and it still didnt fix my problem. Today I took it to Ford, they ran diagnostics on it and said my turbo was fine and said that my EGR valve was sticking. Should I buy a new stock EGR valve, or buy a after market EGR valve plug? Any input would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys I need help quick i have to leave for texas tommaro and have to pull my camper

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You could just pull it out and weld it shut...or have it welded shut.
If that fixes your problem then get the plug.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I just weld. Up the two openings on the valve or what and then do I leave the connector of

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I would just weld it so it cant open anymore once that is done it makes no difference weather its plugged in or not.
I left mine plugged in so I didnt have the loose conector flopping around.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went ahead and got a egr valve plug from diesel tech1 and it still cuts out sometimes anybody else got anything why she is still cutting out?

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Did they check the ICP sensor or the FICM?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not for sure on that put ford ran diagnostics on it took it for a test drive and said my egr valve was sticking and said my vgt programming was messed up because of the cold air intake that was on it said i needed to put the stock air box back on it

·
4,553 Posts
Most dealers don't like aftermarket stuff. If the truck is actually cutting out then i don't know why it would be a problem with the egr valve. It sounds electrical like a sensor issue that is making it just cut in and out. If it was studdering or smoking and low power i could see the egr valve as the likely problem.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well before the plug was put in i did have low power and studdering but it still does it but nearly as bad or much

·
4,553 Posts
Oh ok, have you tried just unplugging the egr valve sensor?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well now that i have the plug in there it just a solid piece of billet alumnium that replaces the valve so its permently shut and you just leave the senser unplugged now i have good power with the plug in there but it still studders sometimes

·
4,553 Posts
Man, i don't know what to say. I know the icp sensor can cause the throttle to jump around, but it doesn't cause a real lack of power. How about your fuel filters? I gotta run now, but just check out some of that stuff. I will get back to ya later man.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya thanks for the all the help ill check the icp sensor though

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have cme to the conclusion that it only surges when the motor is cold and today my tranny shifted like i had the tow haul on does anybody know what this could be

1 - 15 of 15 Posts