Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove my egr valve to clean it. It doesn't want to come off, i know it sounds silly but I don't want to break anything. Is there a trick to get them off a little easier?

·
Registered
288 Posts
i dont know if this is the right or wrong way or even good advice for you since i put my old one in the trash and just installed a new one but i took a hammer and tapped on the POS Navi valve a while on all sides (as best as a i could get to) then took some large channel locks and pulled up on it. It came out after a while and was caked with crap. Just keep after it, on and make sure you take the two bolts out first.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Like was said, just keep working it and eventually it will come loose. It will take some time and LOTS of cussing. :D If that doesn't work, take a few minutes and have a cold one and go back at it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not a good idea to pry it. I took a big pair of channel locks and wiggled it back and forth while pulling up and it came right out. Oh don't forget your new o rings.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use a 5# puller with 2 claws. Turn the EGR valve a little so the mounting ears have enough space to get under them. Its just a couple of "O" rings kicking your butt. They beat me down for an hour until I used the puller. HaHa I suppose anything you can find to bump it up would work. It really didn't require that much, just more than you can "Pull"

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I tied wire to the two holes and stuck a metal rod in the wire loop and braced the rod against the wiper cowl and pryed upwards.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts