Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 F250 from my grandfather and at 100,000 miles, the EGR has failed me. As far as I know, there is no other damage yet. Should I replace the egr and move on, or delete the egr and dpf? I use the truck for daily driving and occasional towing of a goose neck. Any information helps. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,717 Posts
If you can find a tuner with delete tunes, then by all means delete that crap, especially the DPF but the EGR system isn't good for an engine either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I’ve heard that the H&M mini maxx is a good tuner, but it’s a bit pricey. Are there any other good ones that are a little more budget friendly?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Gearbox sells dpf-r and dpf-r+ modules. They turn off the emissions monitors so you can remove them but you will not get any benefits other than that. Hence the cheaper price

·
Registered
26 Posts
I drove my 09 130,000 miles, never had a failure, but recently did a dpf delete and capped off the egr. I opted not to go with a tuner. A good diesel shop can flash a tune without having to maintain a dash tuner. I saved money doing it that way. It is another option. If the cab is coming off, I would do as the others and take the parts totally off. I did not remove the cab so my coolers are still on but capped.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If emission laws in your state allow I would delete it. The EGR cooler failed on my 2011 at 80k and the previous owner had to pay 1100+ to have it fixed and the dealer even broke a bolt or two off at that time. If it fails again I will delete mine. I am already tuned and the tuner I used does emission or non-emission currently. I did the OBD flash thru the EzLynk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I saved up and deleted the dpf and capped off the egr and put a stock tune on. It’s running great with no more issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts