Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of pulling the EGR Valve on my truck. What a PAIN IN THE A$$!!! So far Ive broken it in two pieces and I'm going to just go ahead and pull the elbow off to remove it. The replacement EGR Valve just came in and I noticed there is only one hose connection on it. The original EGR Valve has two holes in it for the hoses to connect. Did I order the wrong part? Help Please!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Replacw the elbow. There is a special tool to pull valve. Get a tuner like H&S to program truck to not recognize the EGR. The remove the coolers as well. I just did this to mine last weekend while I had cab off to replace the hpfp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EGR Valve & elbow replaced.......Never Again!!! Clay I'm saving for a tuner and exhaust but not in my budget at the moment....thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
What did that cost you?

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
You have to cut and reroute the coolant hose away from the valve now. I can't remember exactly how it's done because one isn't right in front of me.

The valve and the housing will take about 2 hours to do if you cheat it into place. The book says remove the vertical egr cooler but that's not necessary

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It cost be around $250 in parts and I managed to do the labor myself. I got a buddy who works at a dealership so the parts were fairly inexpensive.

Sinner, yup one of the hoses was discarded and the other rerouted. Thanks....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts