Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i disconnected the ug to the egr on my 05 and i have no cel.
Does this mean i can delete the system without a tuner?
I did notice some differences, the boost starts to come up sooner under slow
accelaration sooner and it doesnt seem to get up as high under heavy accelaration(it used to climb up to 20psi pretty quick and now it dosnt
get above 15) it does make more noise but i assume its ok
does this sound normal?

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
Ok im at 102 miles and still no cel is it possible i'm in the clear?
just for the record unplugging the egr valve does you absolutly no good , a waste of time and you are not gaining anything , if the valve goes bad , it will go bad plugged up or not , trust me, and can cause the same driveability issues either way

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have an 05 and have not tried it yet but am planning a egr delete. i would check it with a scanner first because you can have a dtc but no cel will be on. i am planning on putting in a RCD kit. i would like to put in the FCDP delete kit but i want to keep my egr so i have no cel. i alreay have hot tunes and dont want to buy them agian, but let me know if you are in the clear because i will put the better egr delete in if i can.

·
Super Moderator
9,971 Posts
Unplugging the valve keeps the hot exhaust gases inside the EGR cooler heating the internals up until they fail. Don't run unplugged for too long. Since you have no CEL check for codes with a scanner. As long as that comes out clean get the EGR crap out of there!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah im deleting it all soon i just wanted to know if i would have issues with
the cel
i have been scanning it for codes about every other day and nothin... Its almost
got me worried seems like it should throw some kind of code but nothng yet

now im exited about the delete!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts