Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for all the different questions here.
Rudys website has the option for the EGR blocker Plates or the EGR Delete kit.
Is the EGR Delete kit going to require me to physically remove the entire system. I just wanted to block off the EGR and disconnect it from running.
What is the better option to do?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there a reason why you want too so early? Are you out of warrenty?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only want to do this to increase the truck efficiency and Fuel milage
i plan on running the No power stock horsepower tune from H&S.
Also would not mind the nice sound

·
Registered
57 Posts
What kinda gains of mpg are people seeing? Cause we see anywhere from 11 - 19 mpg. Depends on driver ahha

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really want to just do blocker plates becasue if the truck breaks i plan on retunring to stock then taking it to Dealer with Tune removed

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well it's gonna throw a CEL no matter what. and if you have a programmer no matter what they will show up lol. Better make sure you have your pcm tcm nox updated per recall..

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's gonna throw a CEL no matter what. and if you have a programmer no matter what they will show up lol. Better make sure you have your pcm tcm nox updated per recall..
I will check on that. I bought my truck 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just be careful is all im gonna tell you. Where i work we ask if you have a programmer if you lie we void warrenty if programmer code is found. you be honest we will help you out as best as we can.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just be careful is all im gonna tell you. Where i work we ask if you have a programmer if you lie we void warrenty if programmer code is found. you be honest we will help you out as best as we can.
This is the way my shop is. I know they are not stupid. I told them upfront that it was tuned. As long as I'm not beating on the truck (which I don't) they will always service my truck.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Throw a freaking 4" Turbo back exhaust on that puppy!

·
Registered
133 Posts
doing a complete delete. said to take around 2 hours to do. Just saving the parts to put back on if needed. I have a tuner friendly dealer that will fix problems not related to me adding power, if I break it I will fix it but if you saw what was being put back into your engine through the egr you would want to delete it too.When I removed the egr on my 08 it was full of antifreeze. Thank god the valve was shut or it would have hydrolocked the engine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
To answer the question, the EGR weights about 40 pounds(est by my arms), about 6lbs of coolant and a hand full of pipes and tubes. So if you block the EGR your accelerating, hauling, and braking about 50 pounds of excess stuff. However, hooking it all back up takes no time, then your off to the dealer.

Leo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts