Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 F-350 with 116K. Getting cold here in New England. Short story is I was in the last stages of swapping over to ECL from Ford Gold. I was on the last cycle of running distilled water through the system and realized I better get the new coolant in.

Put new coolant in a few days ago and came out next morning to find it had dumped. I started it up and noticed a leak coming down over the starter on passenger side rear. I have a fixur6 backflush valve installed and thought maybe it was coming from there. After some more troubleshooting I used an inspection camera and found it was coming from the EGR hose. The hose is orange so based on searching that is old.

From searching old posts, I see two gaskets others have purchased:

3C3Z-9N693-EA - o-ring for oil cooler cap
3C3Z-9N693-FA - small o-ring

If I buy the new hose, do I need gasket 3C3Z-9N693-FA also? Not sure where it goes. I want to try and do this repair on Sunday.
Thanks
Nick

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,566 Posts
Those seals (o-rings) go on the EGR coolant supply port housing that is on the oil cooler. I am not sure if the fixur6 modification changes it, but in stock form, you should change those seals when you remove the coolant supply port housing to install the hose. I am 99% sure that they don't come w/ the blue hose.

Pic of the hose (no o-rings shown):
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connection-water-outlet-4c4z8592aa

But from here:
https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oem-parts/ford-connection-water-outlet-4c4z8592aa

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
The updated blue hose is a 4C4Z-8592-AA
the 3C3Z-6N693-FA is the internal o-ring on the water valve, if you pull the valve replace it
I've heard that the hose can be replaced without removing anything else but I've never done it so I can't corroborate that in any way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts