Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my head gasks, and deleted my egr cooling tube a week ago and my truck has been running horrible ever since. used to get 430 to a tank, now getting 250 and blowing all my fuel out the exhaust. SOMEBODY HELP!
I have no check engine light, but something is really wrong. do i need to turn the egr valve off or something?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
if an injector wasnt seated properly he would must likely have a running problem, rough, shaking, lots of smoke. and honestly he would probably fill that cylinder up with fuel to lock that motor up while trying to crank the truck over.

dont ask how i know:doh:

if you want to check it you are having raw fuel coming out the tailpipe then put a piece of paper over the tail pipe like and see if there is wet spots on the paper.

but why not start with obvious questions, what year is this truck and do you have an sct?

·
Banned
71 Posts
!

if an injector wasnt seated properly he would must likely have a running problem, rough, shaking, lots of smoke. and honestly he would probably fill that cylinder up with fuel to lock that motor up while trying to crank the truck over.

dont ask how i know:doh:

if you want to check it you are having raw fuel coming out the tailpipe then put a piece of paper over the tail pipe like and see if there is wet spots on the paper.

but why not start with obvious questions, what year is this truck and do you have an sct?
He said its running rough. I've had them come in loose and do what he's describing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one of the codes that came up last night was that the computer thinks that my engine is running at 46 deg C. so i think its dumping in a ton of fuel to compensate for a cold engine. its an 04 250 6.0

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i also had my heads worked and i just found out that your not supposed to do that on the 6.0s did i really mess up? the guy didnt take off to much he said

·
Banned
71 Posts
one of the codes that came up last night was that the computer thinks that my engine is running at 46 deg C. so i think its dumping in a ton of fuel to compensate for a cold engine. its an 04 250 6.0
Well, 46 deg C is about 115 deg F. Is that a constant reading?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
i also had my heads worked and i just found out that your not supposed to do that on the 6.0s did i really mess up? the guy didnt take off to much he said
heads worked? if you are talking about decking them then yes it makes a huge difference. whoever said other wise must have the only straight heads that every came in a 6L

you need to scan the truck, with a scan tool. at the ford dealer or similar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts