Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EGR Deletes: Elite VS Liberator

8K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Abrannan19 
#1 ·
Have installed a few Liberator kits and just installed my first Elite kit and thought i would let everyone know my 2 cents.

Liberator comes with all new coolant tube that uses the stock style coolant hose from the oil cooler-Elite uses a new tube but uses a piece of heater hose and hose clamps to run coolant from oil cooler. Liberator kit uses a block off plate were the egr cooler use to bolt the the bottom of the intake-Elite uses the same set-up but does not tap the holes in the plate, they use through bolts and nuts. Liberator sends a all new solid up-pipe-Elite uses stock up-pipe with the scoop removed and a piece of strap welded over the hole. Both kits cost very close to the same but to me the Liberator kit is a lot cleaner install. I will now only install Liberator kits.:thumb:

Just a lowly Ford diesel tech in Wyoming and just my 2 cents.:wink[3]:

#5 ·
:thumb: What Adam said. The liberator kit aint gont nothin on him

#15 · (Edited)
:doh: first the good price on hg's and studs and now you match LIB's price, damn I bought all my parts at the wrong time :sad:

#18 ·
#10 · (Edited)
I logged on just so I could comment on this thread. I installed a Elite EGR delete on my truck and within two months, my uppipes flex section cracked. I called Elite to see what they could do, "the person in charge of this is not available...I will get him to call you back". After no call back after a whole day, I called them back, I talked to a sales person who in turn talked to his manager. He came back to tell me that he has only heard of this happening once before and it was installation error. They told me that unless they install it, it isn't covered under warranty. Being that I am from Canada, that is not going to happen. I asked them what I should do, they said that I could by a new uppipe from them for like $225.00 American?

First off, I have heard of the uppipe cracking is VERY common by Many people so one of the kits with the solid uppipe would be advised. I ended up buying the uppipe from Liberator for cheaper than Elite was going to charge me for their mess. I have no use for Elite and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Just my two cents.

This looks good as well!

First Coast Diesel Performance -Full EGR Delete Kit- Your Source For Powerstroke Performance

#13 ·
I logged on just so I could comment on this thread. I installed a Elite EGR delete on my truck and within two months, my uppipes flex section cracked. I called Elite to see what they could do, "the person in charge of this is not available...I will get him to call you back". After no call back after a whole day, I called them back, I talked to a sales person who in turn talked to his manager. He came back to tell me that he has only heard of this happening once before and it was installation error. They told me that unless they install it, it isn't covered under warranty. Being that I am from Canada, that is not going to happen. I asked them what I should do, they said that I could by a new uppipe from them for like $225.00 American?

First off, I have heard of the uppipe cracking is VERY common by Many people so one of the kits with the solid uppipe would be advised. I ended up buying the uppipe from Liberator for cheaper than Elite was going to charge me for their mess. I have no use for Elite and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Just my two cents.

This looks good as well!

First Coast Diesel Performance -Full EGR Delete Kit- Your Source For Powerstroke Performance

LMFAO, only heard of it once, yea, how convenient for them...They crack all the time in stock form, so once you remove that Y like they do, they have a even better chance to crack, and to blame it on the installer, jeez! It can only be installed done way.

For the record, LIB used to offer his the same way as Elite (flex section still there) until about two months or so after we came out with our full delete kit and the solid pipe did he start with the solid pipe.

#11 ·
FWIW I like the FCDP kit too, although I don't have one on my truck yet. Not only do I like what they've done with their kit and the way it's put together, but with their kit you get a totally fresh intake as well. It's hot tanked and cleans all the soot and build up out of it in the process. If you've ever looked closely at an intake for a 6.0 you'll see that there is not much room for air to flow through in the first place. Add an EGR valve that craps soot right back in to that intake leaving deposits and you shrink down that usable air space even further...

#16 ·
+1 more or the FCDP kit. once I hit my 100k I will buy one myself. Figured I will hold off until then since Ford has been cracking down. Already had EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler replaced twice and head gaskets once. Truck now has studs, so hopefully will stay together to 100k. I did find another dealer that is a little more mod friendly, so may be purchasing even sooner (I Hope) :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.