Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running one of the H&S tunes that "shuts off the EGR". Is there any need or advantage to doing a EGR delete?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There's still coolant running through the coolers so removing them eleiminates the chance of them rupturing internally. Also some people have said that with the tuner disabling the EGR that there is still a possibility of the exhaust pressure opening the valve. Not to sure on this one but I've read a couple of posts of people saying that. Also removing this stuff cleans up the engine bay a little. Not a performance upgrade obviously but enables a person to get at stuff a little easier with the coolers removed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
There's still coolant running through the coolers so removing them eleiminates the chance of them rupturing internally. Also some people have said that with the tuner disabling the EGR that there is still a possibility of the exhaust pressure opening the valve. Not to sure on this one but I've read a couple of posts of people saying that. Also removing this stuff cleans up the engine bay a little. Not a performance upgrade obviously but enables a person to get at stuff a little easier with the coolers removed.
Exactly, I will also add this…..When running tunes that do not cycle the EGR valve, soot builds up and when & if you have to go back to stock, your EGR valve will not work. If you do not have to worry about emissions, I say ditch the EGR coolers and valve entirely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts