Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between the kits? Does the full delete kit do the same thing as the cheaper kits? Any performance difference?

·
Registered
60 Posts
No performance differances, there are basically two differant types.
1. A whole new intake manifold with egr ports welded shut.
2. Some block off plates and some stainless tubing to reroute the coolant.
Both do the exact same thing, it all comes down to prefferance and money.
If you have an 05 and up there is the need to replace the up pipe from the manifold to the egr cooler, because there is a scoop the sticks out into the exhaust flow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you have an 05 and up there is the need to replace the up pipe from the manifold to the egr cooler, because there is a scoop the sticks out into the exhaust flow.
OR you can modify the stock pipe as well...another option for those with the tools and know-how.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
with our full delete kit, you get a cleaned intake manifold, not one other EGR delete kit offers you that, and when you tear your down for and EGR delete kit, you will see just how nasty the inside of the manifold gets.

·
Registered
60 Posts
with our full delete kit, you get a cleaned intake manifold, not one other EGR delete kit offers you that, and when you tear your down for and EGR delete kit, you will see just how nasty the inside of the manifold gets.
Your absolutely right, it is a real pain in the arse to clean an intake manifold..
It was like an all day task and i don't think i got it all. I had to soak it in purple power for hours..

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Your absolutely right, it is a real pain in the arse to clean an intake manifold..
It was like an all day task and i don't think i got it all. I had to soak it in purple power for hours..
yep, and they will never be fully clean, we do the absolute best we can, hot tank, pressure washer and media blasted, and there is still residue in there, you cant get it all, but you can get it alot better then what you are taking off.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know of a diesel shop that will do a egr delete around Houston or Baytown Texas?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
that is what this is for :hehe:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts