Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, i know thers a whole whack of info on this i just dont have the time to read through it all, so here's another thread...

I've been thinking about getting an EGR delete, all my buddies say i NEED to do it already. My EGR cooler and oil cooler were replaced when i did HGs last year. My deltas are in spec, but is it still worth doing the delete? What kit should i go with? And will i still be OK to pass emissions in Ontario ?

Next is looking to upgrade my stock turbo. Eventually some sticks to go along with it but that probly wouldnt be till next year...I thinking either 68mm powermax from Elite, or maybe MTW stage 2. Thoughts? Also want to add a s&b intake for the new turbo.

Obviously i would be doing the EGR and turbo work at the same time, i have never worked on this engine so it will be a learning curve.

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So not a good idea to delete the EGR due to emissions test? I'll have to find out the exact emissions regulations for my area. Anyone here from ontario??

What exactly are the benefits of no EGR besides the peace of mind?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can always jam 2 freeze plugs into your cooler and weld the up pipe shut for a "sneaky delete".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts