Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dpf delete with blackmaxx s&b intake and 4" staight flo pro pipe. I want to do egr delete soon and was wondering if the intake elbow would help or hurt towing. I have the 300 hd tune and run it on no power when towing. My egt gets up to 1200 my coolant and oil at about 200. I know thats not hot but i still think its a good idea to delete egr.

·
Registered
853 Posts
it can only help on the airflow EGT numbers.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have a dpf delete with blackmaxx s&b intake and 4" staight flo pro pipe. I want to do egr delete soon and was wondering if the intake elbow would help or hurt towing. I have the 300 hd tune and run it on no power when towing. My egt gets up to 1200 my coolant and oil at about 200. I know thats not hot but i still think its a good idea to delete egr.
It definitely won't hurt anything towing. If anything it will help a little. you might not notice a whole lot but if you are doing the delete get the one with the elbow. I did mine without the elbow and ended up buying the elbow after which ended up costing me more than just doing it with the elbow in the first place. Another thing you could do at the same time would be the cold side pipe which will also aid in towing.:thumb:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. It helped me out a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts