Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be getting the Elite Diesel EGR delete w/ up pipe. Now what I was wondering is what parts am I going to need to complete this job all the way through. Will anything need to be welded? And how long could this possibly take? I am currently deployed and will be returning soon and just want to try to get all the parts and skillsets I need together so I can finish this in about 4-5 days of leave. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
If all you are doing is an egr cooler delete and replacing the up-pipe on the passenger side, all you will need is the delete kit and a turbo mounting hardware kit. The Turbo mounting kit runs under $20 at the Ford dealer. Part number 3C3Z-9T514-AD. Clicking on that part number will bring you to a page on Tousley Fords website, where you can get it for about 8 bucks.
All the rest should come with the egr delete kit, such as the exhaust bolts and whatnot.
The intake does not have to come off the truck, but it does have to be loosened up pretty good.
Previous to starting, check around the intake ports where the intake meets the head for garbage and get it all clean. You do not want something falling into the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts