Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing my egr delete on my 05 with 150,000. I got the intake manifold out and installed the part of the kit that connects to it. its the part with the rubber hose. the opposite side of the side with hose has a rubber gasket ring on it. i lubed the ring and inserted it into the manifold but for some reason it feels loose. maybe this is correct but i don't know. i also installed the plate that holds it in but from what i see it doesn't touch it it just keeps it from coming out. so is it being loose ok?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Bump for you, doesn't sounds right to me.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Seems no one knows...

First, I would contact the company you purchased it from and see what they tell you.

Second, depending on their answer, I would put on a thicker o-ring and see if that tightens it up.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
What is the manufacturers name?
If it is Dicad solutions (cheap egr delete kit on fleabay), you're fine. I installed mine almost 2 years ago and have not had any issues with it leaking coolant.
It did feel a little loose and the J-pipe would swing around freely when I first installed it onto the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
anyone who uses a 2 piece kit is asking for problems. cheap and reliable don't go in the same sentence.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i contacted seller and he said there was a recall on the oring and to just use my old one. it would have been nice of him to tell me this before hand.
WHAT!!,having all kinds of trouble trying to stop my o ring leaking,and the o ring is the issue ?,:mad: so what are they doing about it ? I have the turbo off mine now trying to figure out how to seal the leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts