Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if the 2 small plates will work to just do a block off instead of full delete at this time? Never really looked into it, I have a full delete kit, just can't find time with getting married this month etc.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My plates came with 4. I think I read somewhere that you can get away with using two plates. One on the manifold and the other on the cooler somewhere, but I'd recommend the full block off plates.

The block off plates are just as good as a full delete unless you want the extra engine compartment space.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes.

You can install your 2 block off plates now, and remove the cooler at a later date. This will not cause any problems.

Since you're probably never going to use the cooler again, I wouldn't be too concerned with leaving the 2 remaining exhaust ports on the cooler itself open. But if you're worried about debris getting into it, just tape the holes off untill you remove it. .

FYI, the full delete should take 1 1/2 - 3 hrs to do, depending on your ability, and how easily things come apart for you .

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yes.

You can install your 2 block off plates now, and remove the cooler at a later date. This will not cause any problems.

Since you're probably never going to use the cooler again, I wouldn't be too concerned with leaving the 2 remaining exhaust ports on the cooler itself open. But if you're worried about debris getting into it, just tape the holes off untill you remove it.
This ^^^^^

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. For reference, can anyone who has done a block off with 2 (or even 4) plates post a couple pictures? I have a pretty good idea where they belong, just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, anyone with a link to show this process.....
I know installing the two plates is simple but I am asking to see the "Full" delete process ????

Any video links to it .....

Only ask because wens, i am either going all the way or just the two plates and delete pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts