Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this supposed to be safe what are the benifits and most of all does it work and howhard is it to install thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
punctuation will go far in life. lol yes, it's safe. the benefit is completely eliminating the possibly of an egr cooler failure and if it does that it is working. Install isn't easy.

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
punctuation will go far in life. lol
...so do capital letters at the beginning of sentences! :hehe:

EGR (cooler?) delete will provide a lot more longevity for your engine and eliminate EGR and EGR cooler failures, which are most common on the 6.0L's. For what its worth, you can either do the delete or the bypass; the bypass is simpler. On the 03's you only need to remove your exhaust up-pipe and install a block off plate into the EGR cooler intake neck and reinstall. It's not the easiest thing to do, but much simpler than removing your EGR cooler and rerouting your exhaust and coolant line.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
here at the org we offer powerstroke diesel info along with a healthy dose of grade school english classes. We at the org encourage you to sign up and join the fun. lol

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
:doh::doh::doh: lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
punctuation will go far in life. lol yes, it's safe. the benefit is completely eliminating the possibly of an egr cooler failure and if it does that it is working. Install isn't easy.
While you are teaching punctuation class, why not try a spelling class too...i think you meant possibility not possibly of an egr failure..lol:rofl:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
damn, you got me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much are the lessons and the EGR delete kit sign me up! lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is alot better than 2500 just for the cooler from the ford place i do belive i will go ahead and order it

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
that is alot better than 2500 just for the cooler from the ford place i do belive i will go ahead and order it
dude, are you kidding me. you can save at least 500 bucks!! you're gonna have to do it yourself anyways. c'mawn.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The links tell us how to do the bypass or delete. Doing the mod decreases the chance of EGR problems - but what do our trucks benefit by what matters most right now - mileage.

Does the EGR delete/bypass effect mileage any? If it makes our trucks last longer then I would be inclined to beleive that would indicate they are working less to some degree and if that is the case - wouldnt mileage increase be a by-product?

·
Registered
149 Posts
why cant you just block off the inlet to the egr with an plate with gaskets and keep everything in place?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
why cant you just block off the inlet to the egr with an plate with gaskets and keep everything in place?
That's exactly what I did. Well...what Marc did. Completely removing the cooler is just added insurance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
how did you do it or mark do it, i have an idea but just wondering what you used as a plate? and what it did for you as in besides the egr failure resolved what r the other benifits?

·
Registered
203 Posts
For what it's worth you're supposed to get a tuner capable of "turning off" EGR, otherwise the engine still thinks that the system is functioning. SCT is capable of doing it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts