Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at the delete mfr instructions on line and the no limit ones that came with my kit but none are for the 17. They are labeled that way but pics address pre 17. The 17+ cooler is like two rectangles and there is no in/out major coolant inlet outlet hoses on top. The 17 instructions are just written to ignore the steps that apply to 17 from 16(like removing those hoses) but that is half a$$. My biggest concern is coolant routing. The 16 had a designated hoses and required a re route from the thermostat on radiator back to the hot inlet of radiator. Neither of those exist on the 17+ so I assume it all flows up from the bottom and out the same (thus their block off plate allows the transfer). Confusing. Anyway. Do 17+ instructions exist? Thanks. Any tips from those who have done it.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess im confused on how there are no in/out hoses on top unlike 11-16 but the bottom is same as 2011-16

·
Registered
66 Posts
LOL I'm just as confused. everybody says just drain, unscrew and install block of plates. But I'd like more, even pics would be great LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are no main lines like the pre-17. I found the same thing when I removed mine but honestly once you start it’s very simple to figure out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes agreed it’s even easier than pre 17 but I’m blown away nobody took
The time to make descent instructions. So lazy.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yes agreed it’s even easier than pre 17 but I’m blown away nobody took
The time to make descent instructions. So lazy.
GDP seems to have decent instructions but the pictures in the figures don’t match the steps in the direction but they’re the best I’ve seen so far.

Instructions

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GDP seems to have decent instructions but the pictures in the figures don’t match the steps in the direction but they’re the best I’ve seen so far.

Instructions
Yes those are the best out there but that’s a 16. See the coolant inlet outlet on top? Not a 17+. My point, lazy and sad

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
@jetjock15 My brother just deleted his new to him 17 last week and he didn’t have to do anything with coolant lines using the flow through NL kit, just had to remove EGR and cross pipes and put on plates, he had his out and done within a hour, I had him soak his bolts for a few days prior to removal and he said they came out like butter. He couldn’t find any detailed pics or instructions either he took pics of my engine bay as a reference prior to doing his. I can have him send me pics of his done if that will help? Just let me know

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks bud. No I agree it’s pretty straight forward I’m just surprised nobody took pics from a 17+
Now I’m worried about using the def egt probe after the other members broke off!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thanks bud. No I agree it’s pretty straight forward I’m just surprised nobody took pics from a 17+
Now I’m worried about using the def egt probe after the other members broke off!
No worries, ya I saw that thread pretty damn weird for that to happen but I guess anything’s possible. I would still install if I were you his could have been damaged on install or removal who knows.

·
Premium Member
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is your brother seeing for egt? Idle, cruise, wot. Driving mine now on tow tune it’s 480 or so idle 7-900 cruise, 11-1200 most accelerations but if I really nail it I can see 1450 which seems high for a tow tune

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
What is your brother seeing for egt? Idle, cruise, wot. Driving mine now on tow tune it’s 480 or so idle 7-900 cruise, 11-1200 most accelerations but if I really nail it I can see 1450 which seems high for a tow tune
I will ask and get back to ya

·
Registered
66 Posts
@jetjock15 My brother just deleted his new to him 17 last week and he didn’t have to do anything with coolant lines using the flow through NL kit, just had to remove EGR and cross pipes and put on plates, he had his out and done within a hour, I had him soak his bolts for a few days prior to removal and he said they came out like butter. He couldn’t find any detailed pics or instructions either he took pics of my engine bay as a reference prior to doing his. I can have him send me pics of his done if that will help? Just let me know
@joebuck, could I get the pics please bro? Thanks man

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
@Seantsm2001 here are the pics my brother sent me, hope these help and you can see what you need to.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts