Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering both of these for some time.

Has anyone done either "in the driveway"?

EGR Delete;
I have a solid mechanical background and the job doesn't concern me. I was just hoping to get some tips/tricks about the installation. I do plan on removing the coolers completely, and I understand this is the tricky part. I guess some people just leave the coolers in place. Any recommendations on the kit to buy? Sinister, Rudys?

Coolant Filter:
I will install a coolant filter at the same time, so a coolant flush is on the to do list along with this...
Anyone have a plus or minus on the kits out there? Sinister or DieselSite? How about the actual coolant?.. there is a lot out there to choose from.

I did search, but I didn't really find a write up, or any specific comments about the installation.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not a problem. Glad I could help. It is kinda what I do for a living, so I am good a query/boolean logic phrases.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
You found a good thread for the egr delete. As far as coolant filters go i went with the dieselsite kit. Good instructions and easy install. Also as far as coolant goes as long as you get an EC-1 rated coolant any one will work. I went with the peak final charge. :thumb:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I aam running the dieselsite kit as well, 22,000 miles and zero issues, I had one on my 6.0 for the 60k miles I owned it and no issues with that one either, they work great! I stick with the motorcraft coolant.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
egr delete- i like the flo pro and ptp for quality and value. did mine in the driveway.

coolant filter a big must especially if you havent flushed. i like diesel site as well. the hose was short by a foot however.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Doing both of these this weekend. I ordered the river city diesel delete kit and ordered custom parts for a coolant filter that'll be plumbed in between the heater core hoses. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

As far as coolant, I have a Cat dealer in my town, using their ec-1 rated Cat coolant mixed with distilled water.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. I have to admit, I like the blue bling on the Sinister kits. But for the coolant kit it looks like the hose is crimped on the tee on the Sinister kit, I don't like that. I am more comfortable with the clamp connection on the Dieselsite kit. But for the EGR Delete, I kind of like the Sinister kit better...

It looks like cleaning the intake is a good idea too! Wow, in the write up, the owner claims 40K miles and the intake and it is very nasty, going to go all the way and clean mine i believe.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doing both of these this weekend. I ordered the river city diesel delete kit and ordered custom parts for a coolant filter that'll be plumbed in between the heater core hoses. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

As far as coolant, I have a Cat dealer in my town, using their ec-1 rated Cat coolant mixed with distilled water.
good deal, keep us posted and take pics of anything that sticks out as interesting.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have to admit, I like the blue bling on the Sinister kits. But for the coolant kit it looks like the hose is crimped on the tee on the Sinister kit, I don't like that. I am more comfortable with the clamp connection on the Dieselsite kit. But for the EGR Delete, I kind of like the Sinister kit better...

It looks like cleaning the intake is a good idea too! Wow, in the write up, the owner claims 40K miles and the intake and it is very nasty, going to go all the way and clean mine i believe.
How are you going to clean the intake? Its either a cab off ordeal or pulling the turbos with the cab on.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think pulling the turbos is the only driveway-friendly way to do it. Get ready though, that thing is a beast (about 75-85 lbs I think and in a really awkward lifting location). You'll probably need a cherry-picker.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
if your going thru all the trouble to pull the intake you might as well throw a ported intake on it IMHO.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Still researching the job, would do the cab on method of course. May or may not pan out for phase 1...
if you decide to pull the intake manifold you might want to look at a ported one :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
ordered the EGR delete and coolant filter kit from Sinister, they have a discount code good through tomorrow night, saved 11%. I still have a few more parts to get...

Note taken on the intake, will investigate the benefits, thanks! It does look like a job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts