Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2 questions::: 2005 f350 6.0 suspension , When I bought my 2005 f350 it has an EGR delete install. My first question is my egr code light will not go out . Other than replacing the bad egr valve is there anyway I can make this code lite go out and remain out?, I guest I was thinking if you have an EGR delete in stalled ,how do you take the EGR code out

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the 2005s you need to use a programmer to turn off the check engine light. Or alternatively you can plug the EGR in and either A. bolt it back in place, or B. leave it dangle on the top of the motor which is probably not the best option.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I have my EGR valve held in place using the right rear intake elbow bolt going threw the hold down tab of the EGR valve. Even with it plugged in I still got a CEL until I used a tuner to turn it off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shop

So what you are saying is the shop where I go should be able to turn this light and or code off? Twice I have had work done and for about 30 miles the light stays off then all of a sudden comes back on.

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
If the EGR is deleted you will need a tuner to "turn the EGR off" so to speak. The computer is monitoring EGR and setting a code because the system isn't working correctly. The tuner will basically load a different set of operating instructions which will be free of any EGR related instructions. As it is, turning the light off/clearing the code only lasts until the EGR fails to satisfy the computer, which is why your light comes back.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
Glad to help and thank you for posting up that we did help. So many people seem to just go away without saying thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
951 Posts
Keep the EGR valve plugged in though. It effects the cooling fan operation on a stock tuned truck. Also stops the turbos vanves from cycling at idle.

Jason

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
SCT Tuner

The SCT Tuner really is the way to go, I have been tuning them to turn the EGR code off, improve fuel economy for years, even making the turbo work as an effective exhaust brake all for $400.00

SCT Tuner Sale use Discount Code: forum

Free Shipping for all Powerstroke Forum Members

1 - 9 of 9 Posts