Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to Powerstroke.org but I have been scratching my head now for 2 weeks trying to decide what EGR Delete/ DPF Delete and tuner to go with. So many choices and just trying to make an educated purchase with the best results for my truck.

2015 F-250 6.7 Diesel FX4 Crew Cab

I mainly drive highway miles for work and tow from time to time. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope not EPA. Lol I live and Texas and work as a Landman in Oil and Gas.

Just trying to get some suggestions to help my decision.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would lean towards EZ Lynk with Tyrant tunes. Delete pipe with factory resonator over axle sounds good and keeps sound levels close to stock in cab.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am leaning toward EZ Link, EGR Delete and 4 inch exhaust. Thanks for your input JROD67. Tough decision and I want to get it right!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
There's nothing tough about it. Either you want a full exhaust to look cool and pay extra, or get a simple 4" delete pipe to replace the DPF. Install block off plates on the EGR if you're lazy, or take it all off if you don't need to do emissions for a sticker in your county. I'd lean towards Tyrant, GDP or TSD for a tune.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just ordered an EZ Lynk w/Tyrant tunes, race pipe, and block off plates. I wanted to keep it simple and I can go back to stock pretty quick like if I decide to trade...which is possible when the new Broncs come out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alright fellas take it easy on this guy I know him personally, he's definitely not EPA. We are just looking for the best parts, you know do it right the first time.

-Manny

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I second that, keep it simple. I used Tyrant tunes with a SCT Live Wire Tuner, 4in Flo-Pro and blocking plates. Leaving the stock Res. and tail pipe in place. And no, I am not even thinking about doing an up date on the tuner. It was only for a couple of weeks I actually used the tuner display gauges. I keep the tuner out of sight for security reasons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the Help!

I went with Deviant Race Parts on the EGR Delete, MBRP on the DPF Delete, and Tyrant Tunes on EZ Lynk.

I have been driving it now for a few days and it is amazing! Way more power feels more natural on the foot feed and feels like it runs smoother. I am running the street tune right now.

I installed it with a good friend of mine and took us a few hours but was doable! Would of been tough to do alone in the amount of time we took to delete it! Thanks for all the help!

·
Loud Exhaust Aficionado
270 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wrong tuner?

First off, I'm new to Powerstroke.org and am loving all the info so far. What is EPA and why does everybody care if someone is or isnt EPA?

So I have a Bully Dog GT Diesel Tuner with the stock tune from BD in my truck right now. I'm doing the DPF and DEF delete currently, 4in straight pipe dpf replacement. Sinister Diesel EGR delete(not in yet) and I was planning to just take out the DEF tank and all its counterparts.

1. Did I get the wrong brand of tuner if I want to delete my EGR from my PCU?
2. Can my tuner write off those sensors so I dont get any DTC's?
3. Where can I get a tune that will do that for my tuner?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
^ EPA for sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts