Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been searching around a bit, but havent found a clear answer. If I do the EGR delete on my '06, will I still be able to pass emissions? Im in Nashville, and here they plug in something to the computer, and also take a reading from the tail pipe. Also, with a custom tune, you can turn the egr valve off...would this show up on their computer? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have heard mixed answers on this question, some say yes and some say no. So I also would like to know the right answer to this question since I'm in doubt as if I should do a full EGR delete.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
the egr system was developed to meet emissions so i would say no.

plus your computer will throw a code for faulty egr anyways

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Not sure about where y'all are from but anywhere that I've been have been emissions exempt for diesels and/or 1 ton trucks.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
For the OP:
EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2005, Gasoline and Diesel Vehicles with a GVWR up to 10,500 lbs. must pass an emissions test prior to registration renewal if registering in Hamilton, Davidson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson or Wilson Counties.

Since you have an F350 you should be exempt since you exceed the 10500 lb GVWR limit. If for some reason you don't...from what I can tell on their website they just do an OBD test and gas cap leak check then I wouldn't worry. All that happens on the OBD test is basically a code scan...if everything reads good then you'll be fine:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I have heard mixed answers on this question, some say yes and some say no. So I also would like to know the right answer to this question since I'm in doubt as if I should do a full EGR delete.
Now Utah doesn't have any info for diesels but they do give numbers to call to find out about it:
Diesel-Powered Vehicle Testing Requirements
For information about emissions test requirements contact the appropriate County Health Department below:

•Davis County 546-8860
•Salt Lake County 313 -6720
•Utah County 851-7600
•Weber County 399-7140

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I have been told by Eric (IDP) that a truck with a full delete kit and a SCT with a custom economy tune will pass a sniffer and OBDII port check for codes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! thanks for the info guys, i was worrying about having to leave the egr crap in the truck to pass!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Man that sucks you have to have emission testing up there. I'm from Hardin County and we don't have sh*t like that here. Hopefully you'll be able to get away with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
im assuming my gvwr is stamped on the drivers door correct? I just want to check it to make sure...

edit: ok apparently its not on the door...where could i find it? i have found conflicting info online

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
im assuming my gvwr is stamped on the drivers door correct? I just want to check it to make sure...

edit: ok apparently its not on the door...where could i find it? i have found conflicting info online
It should be on the drivers side in between the front and rear door near the bottom. It's the same sticker that has your tire pressure info on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found it, mine GVWR is 11,000 lbs woohoo! I'm exempt in TN!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts