Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered my no limit block off plates today, and ezlynk tyrant tuning and the 4" dpf delete pipe, Do you unplug the connectors to the egr system? i know on the dpf you obv have too i have going to pack di-eletric grease in them and then cut the finger of a rubber glove to try and seal them. what did you do with the def system just leave it as it nothing to unplug or drain?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The connectors to the EGR system I just zip tied out of the way. On my truck though I deleted the whole DEF tank as well as the complete harness for the DPF assembly (instead of just zip tieing them up and out of the way. The harness actually runs all the way up to the ECM under the hood. I figured why not try and disconnect it from the ECM and see if the truck will still run fine and it does. So I just removed the whole harness (no clipping of wires needed, it unplugs in the rear as well. Nice and clean under the bed now with that out of the way. I'll post up pictures later if you are interested in doing this. Haven't seen anyone else do it before though but I have an '18 platinum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think im just going to leave the egr connectors plugged in along with the def system intact incase i have to go back to stock, im not removing the egr or the cooler just removing the 2 pipes and installing the 4 block off plates and 4" dpf delete pipe

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you ever plan to go back to stock then yes that would be the way to go. Just make sure you still unplug the (2) EGR plugs and the butterfly valve plug on the throttle body when you do the delete. You must keep those unplugged when doing the EGR block off's even if you keep the EGR cooler in place.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i was told you did not have to unplug them anymore because in the tuning they are disabled and they cant do anything since there blocked off...? i take it this is not true

·
Registered
175 Posts
To me that would make sense, but in all of the kit's directions I always read to still disconnect those sensors...so I never tried it without disconnecting them honestly. I just went with what the directions said.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Considering that one whole connector off the PCM functions with all the emissions stuff, the EGR plugs can be removed (my preference). If you place anything covering the connectors even with the grease you are allowing the potential for water to be entrapped. I have been running over 100k with the connectors unplugged, filled with dielectric grease, ziptied under the truck with no issues.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Shibby Engineering sells DPF/EGR/SCR delete plugs.

Just message them via facebook.

Yes, they make plugs for 2017+ Powerstrokes.

Reactions: truckermeds

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Ford F-250 2017 6.7 but don’t want to tune it yet snd want to cut off the Dpf muffler off. I was wondering if I cut it off with any engine light come on or will this dummies plug work for that.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Your dash will light up like a Christmas tree with warnings and alerts. You cannot remove the DPF without needing tuning files.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So after my egr/def/dpf delete on my 2013 6.7 with the Sinister EGR delete and H&S Mini Maxx Tuner I was very careless on not covering my old connections and/or cutting them off and shrink wrapping them to protect the bare ends from any elements. Not even 2 years later my truck decided to go crazy on me with check engine lights showing any and every code you could think of. It got so bad I had to have my truck towed to my diesel mechanic as it wasn’t even drivable, bogging my engine down no matter what speed I was at. Long story short every def/dpf connection had serious corrosion which threw my PCM into a giant funk sending mixed voltages mainly throughout the ground wires. Once they were cut and shrink wrapped it was back to normal! My egr connections were still ok but I’ll cut and shrink wrap those before winter still. My advice if you’re in the delete for the long haul is get them properly taken care of so you don’t get stranded on any highway! Hope this helps for any future issues

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
For the rest of us who don't want to cut wires filling the connectors with dielectric grease has worked fine for years for driving. Not to mention if your tuning was done right there's no signals/voltage going to any of those connectors. Cause if the tuning was right the first time there is one connector on the PCM that can be completely disconnected with no functional issues. Just goes to show you just how many things are running back to the PCM from the Emissions stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts