Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just got my truck back from the Ford dealer, It's an 06 F350 6.0 auto. They replaced the cylinder heads, Gaskets, 4 injectors, and installed ARP head studs and had them install a EGR block off kit I bought off of EBAY. the kit was pretty straight forward, A small frost plug for one end and a fibre gasket sandwiched between 2 stainless gaskets. The truck runs great, the only thing is, the Check engine light came on, No EGR flow, Had it reset and it hasn't come on yet. Has anyone else installed a similar block off kit, The Mechanic told my to watch the Turbo and Exhaust temp now that there is no EGR flowing into the Engine, My understanding was that this was suppose to cut down on excessive heat in the engine espically when towing heavy loads up mountain passes, Any input on this subject would be appreciated, Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
dont know why he told you that , the reason to do that is to cut the heat out of the intake which lessens the heat goin into the engine, you have to watch the egt temps anyway on these trucks , but no more than before , the light can come on with a insufficient egr flow code , just disregard it and drive it

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You will most likely keep seeing the CEL unless you get a programmer that does away with it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts