Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2005 6.0 goes into the dealership 9/17/2012 for a new EGR cooler & a new oil cooler. Luckily I have a extended warranty that will cover all but $100.00 of the repair, not sure what I'd have done if I had no warranty! Cry out loud I suppose as they say thats around a $3,000.00 dollar job!

This all started about 6 weeks ago when I was checking fluids and saw the degass bottle was low. I refilled it and it went low again in about a week. The dealer told me the steam from the exhaust in the morning was "normal", guess we know that's not the case. I pulled the EGR valve & found water in the intake.

Sad that the customer has to do the diag for the dealer!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have been through this a couple times, you will need headgaskets sooner rather then later if liquid coolant got into the intake. Both of my trucks needed them almost immediatly after the EGR/oilcooler jobs done by ford. The TTY bolts have been streeched even if the gaskets are still holding, the clamping force has been reduced and the gaskets are probably on the way out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Job Done

Well the EGR cooler & oil cooler were replaced, truck seems to be running good. Glad to say that the oil/coolant temps are within 2 to 3 degrees of each other now. Never were before. I bought the truck used so who knows. With my Performance Machines coolant filter installed should be good to go as far as the oil cooler goes! I hope!:please:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks xjeeper!

Thanks for the reply! Just hope the head gaskets take a dump before the extended warranty does!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts