Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, if any of you have the link on the EGR cooler swap were it was not needed to pull the turbo could you post it for me. I have looked around, and I know I have seen just can't find it or remember where I seen it. I will be switching to a BPD cooler this weekend amongst so other odds and ends before the weather gets to cold. THANKS!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I pulled the right side fasteners, loosened the left, removed the two for the shroud, and lifted up the right side when I removed my cooler.

sent from a dumb guy with a smart phone

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled the right side fasteners, loosened the left, removed the two for the shroud, and lifted up the right side when I removed my cooler.

So you never actually pulled the intake out? That is duable. Figure the intake had to come out for the job.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Didn't need to. I think I found some You Tube videos before jumping in.

What is your split like? I tote my apart twice, EGR cooler, then oil cooler. That was sucktacular. I wish I would've done it all at once.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
So you never actually pulled the intake out? That is duable. Figure the intake had to come out for the job.
IMHO one of the most important parts of the job is the intake cleaning... Pretty tough to do without pulling the intake.

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By split I assume you mean deltas? Right now with the cooler weather I have a 190 ECT with a 192 OT. During the summer it never went past 6* degrees unless I was romping on it up hill, I might see a 9.

No point in cleaning the intake at this point since I am leaving the EGR in. I will worry about all that at a later date. I am thinking, spare engine to do a mild build with and delete all that as I have no worries in Ohio! Just need something reliably for the mean time till it is paid off!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
If you don't have emissions checks, an EGR cooler delete can be had for less than $200. The throttle response alone was worth the cost. But leave the valve hooked up for VGT cycling.

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't have emissions checks, an EGR cooler delete can be had for less than $200. The throttle response alone was worth the cost. But leave the valve hooked up for VGT cycling.

I picked up the BPD EGR cooler used for less than 200. On reason I am going with it.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,788 Posts
I still have to install my BPD oil cooler kit. If my damn chitty sinister egr delete kit starts leaking again than I'm going to get a BPD egr cooler and throw it on there as I can't use IPR's Gen 2 egr delete kit with the BPD oil cooler kit.

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still have to install my BPD oil cooler kit. If my damn chitty sinister egr delete kit starts leaking again than I'm going to get a BPD egr cooler and throw it on there as I can't use IPR's Gen 2 egr delete kit with the BPD oil cooler kit.
Wish I had the dough to get a BPD oil cooler and filter relocation kit. That is not in the budget as I would opt for the cold weather get as well since I am trying to head north from NC.

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

What do you mean by cycling the VGT, leaving the EGR in and plug with a delete it is still going try And function? Wouldn't it throw of fuel readings?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Depending on your stategy, removing the EGR valve after removing the EGR cooler can interfere with the VGT cycling. I had to re-install the EGR valve in mine to get the VGT to cycle right, as in the whistle/rumble/whistle sequence.

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Depending on your stategy, removing the EGR valve after removing the EGR cooler can interfere with the VGT cycling. I had to re-install the EGR valve in mine to get the VGT to cycle right, as in the whistle/rumble/whistle sequence.

You talking about it doing that at idle? I have heard that at times and that it was weird. You run any tunes our anything?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
It's not weird, it's normal. I run Matt's SRL tune. Because it's an 03 I don't light the CEL.

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is prolly a dumb question but what is a CEL??

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Check Engine Light

·
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yep, dumb question

It's only a dumb question if you already knew. There are too many abbreviations and abstract names for components for these trucks. Ie, how is the over flow tank a 'degas bottle'?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.