Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys ever heard of a egr cooler going bad causing a hydralock? This just happened, and I was thinking head gaskets. So now that we have the new prior approval thing for all that stuff they said no, it was probably the egr cooler.
Cant we just work in peace!!!!! But if yall have heard of this then let me know, cause I really dont want to waste time doing all the dang test on an 04 with only 6k miles, blowing white smoke and with water also coming out of tail pipe.
thanks in advance!
Jason

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I've heard of it. half the reason I blocked the exhaust flow to the cooler. It can still fail though and screw me cuz I don't have the intake side blocked off. an 04 with ONLY 6k...holy crap. they thing to sell that thing! The whole prior approval thing does suck, I was talking to a tech about it today. guess it's mainly because of the techs that throw related parts at the truck and hope it fixes it and not so much the things being done under warranty.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its a fire department truck, so onlyt goes around town.

Ive just never heard of the egr cooler causing that but I guess it could leak by in the intake and cause the lock up. Ill pull it off and test it that way.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah, got an 04 egr cooler went bad. what it does is when your egr valve opens it lets coolant into your intake mine did the same. go to start and it will lock down:(:(

G

·
Um

You guys ever heard of a egr cooler going bad causing a hydralock? This just happened, and I was thinking head gaskets. So now that we have the new prior approval thing for all that stuff they said no, it was probably the egr cooler.
Cant we just work in peace!!!!! But if yall have heard of this then let me know, cause I really dont want to waste time doing all the dang test on an 04 with only 6k miles, blowing white smoke and with water also coming out of tail pipe.
thanks in advance!
Jason
Yeah, Egr cooler.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it was, I had just never had one that just the EGR cooler had caused that, but I find new crap everyday. I did the off truck pressure test and it was horrible, it was like blowing straight air out of the tube, so I guess if they are bad enough it could lock them up.
Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts