Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to VA. Had to put stock exhaust system back on to pass inspection. I have Mini Maxx that I have and returned to stock tune. Also I have 5" exhaust for deleted emissions. I now have the P0404 code and low boost with high egts. Is the egr valve stuck open or closed? I can't get to swap out exhaust till the weekend and truck is my daily driver. Can I unplug all the sensors on the stock exhaust and put the egr/dpf delete tunes back. I put around 100 miles a day for work. So is this possible? Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Keep going, and change the parts on Saturday. From a quick google look I found a forum response that says this code is related to EGR not responding well:

P0404: Exhaust gas recirculation circuit range/performance -This code tells us that the PCM detected the EGR valve is not responding to the commanded position within a given amount of time. This is typically an indication that the valve is sticking or is stuck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keep going, and change the parts on Saturday. From a quick google look I found a forum response that says this code is related to EGR not responding well:

P0404: Exhaust gas recirculation circuit range/performance -This code tells us that the PCM detected the EGR valve is not responding to the commanded position within a given amount of time. This is typically an indication that the valve is sticking or is stuck.
Can this be bad on the catalytic converter and DPF? They valve appears to be in the closed position as far as turbo and engine performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts