Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Spartan and run the 150 tune...which throws a lot of smoke. This tune also produces some funny exhaust, especially when the waste-gate opens at idle.
I was thinking about going back to 75 or 125, for less smoke and putting in blocker plates. I am worried about all that soot plugging up that stupid egr valve...The day it hits 100,001 miles, those coolers are going away!
Any thoughts?:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If you already have a tuner and are thinking about deleting the EGR be it with block off plates, plates and a CFM+, or getting rid of the coolers altogether, your warranty is still the same... Why wait for 100,001 miles when you've already tuned/deleted your truck and your warranty means nothing to Ford?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why wait for 100,001 miles when you've already tuned/deleted your truck and your warranty means nothing to Ford?
B/C ford doesnt know any of that....especially when he puts his DPF and stock tune back onto the truck. The EGR delete is a little more time consuming to install/uninstall.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have a Spartan and run the 150 tune...which throws a lot of smoke. This tune also produces some funny exhaust, especially when the waste-gate opens at idle.
I was thinking about going back to 75 or 125, for less smoke and putting in blocker plates. I am worried about all that soot plugging up that stupid egr valve...The day it hits 100,001 miles, those coolers are going away!
Any thoughts?:icon_ford:
Go ahead and do the delete now. Just keep in mind that returing to stock will take you a whole day.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I run the spartan 275 would I be better to delete the egr or just put in the block plate?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
the 150 tune runs the egr like stock so you don't have to worry about the egr valve getting stuck. but if you want a clean tune jump to the normal 210. It's a real clean tune little smoke and it keeps the egr closed unless at idle then it cycles it.:beer:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do the delete with the elbow. If you allow all that hardware to stay on the engine, you are asking for a leak and possible serious issues. There is no reason not to get rid of it all if you are already playing with DPF and tunes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts