Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I have the opportunity to block off my egr. Is it worth to really do or should I hold off and just delete it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, well I have the block off kit and the guy putting it on is giving me a pretty good deal. Just didn't know if doing it was really that worth it...

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if my up pipe has the notch in it? I though it was only in 05 and up, just want to make sure...

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is my plate, no idea where it goes. Any help would be great...

·
Premium Member
10,013 Posts
I can't see the pic. You will remove the passenger side up-pipe that connects to the exhaust mainfold and the EGR cooler. The short "T" needs to get welded closed and you will see the scoop if you have one (not likely with an '04). Reinstall the pipe and make sure the SCT detunes the use of the EGR valve. Enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, got it done yesterday. No welding just put the freeze plug in. This is only temporary until I can get the delete kit from Adam (FCDP).

Do I need to have my tunes re-done to incorporate the block off? Also do I need to have my SCT turn off the EGR valve? No code has popped up? All in all my truck is running way better. More responsive and I'm getting on average about 2 more miles per gallon...yay

·
Registered
157 Posts
you dont have to have the tunes redone. no point in paying for it. if the egr opens and closes it doesnt really matter because its blocked off anyways. as long as your egr is connected you will not have any codes

·
Premium Member
10,013 Posts
The older '03-'04 trucks seems to be resistant to codes when deleting the EGR. I say run it as is or just try unplugging the valve. Either way the exhaust is already bypassing the EGR cooler.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I am about to do my delete kit as soon as I get a moment. Does this actualy help MPG? :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts