1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yea, I think it'll work just fine as long as your not makin too much HP. It looks like a decent compromise to the all out EGR removal. PLUS you can still put the OEM valve in for dealer service. Thanks for the link

snoboy

BTW :hehe:if your gonna do it then order one now cuz I just ordered the other one:thumb:.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
i like the design and think it will work great for eliminating the egr problems, i think that will work better than the unpluging deal, which still allows bost to open the egr valve , or the cutting it off with tuing which still allows the same problem, go for it , just for the record , it will not eliminate an egr cooler concern, there will be exhaust gases in cooler , i think the block off at the back would be a good idea with this product , so most prolem would be eliminated

·
Registered
786 Posts
A bandage product, but a pretty decent one at that.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what benefit does having the egr valve closed all the time have? can this cause more issues?

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
No, this won't cause problems (except with the EPA) it will eliminate them.

PS. this does nothing for the EGR cooler, which is another weak point on the 6.0L's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've got the uppipe welded shut on one end of the cooler and this valve installed to close off the other end.

Here's mine installed, and the valve mounted up beside...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'd really like to rid the whole EGR system, ARP STUDS and a SCT. BUT the warranty would be gone gone gone like the wind. Can't afford that. and I"m also worried if I move to a different state I might have issues passing emissions. Only 2 reason's it's not done yet. but at $5+ diesel might be cheaper to roll the risk if you save a 1 MPG or more.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help guys! i really appreciate it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts