Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got feedback? What model and good and bad. I want to order a tuner this week and it seems Edge has the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Everyone seems to go with SCT X3 tuned by Innovation, Gear Head Automotive or Quick Tricks

·
Registered
177 Posts
You are going to hear a lot of people tell you to go with the SCT tuners because the Edge is not a real tuner. I don't have one yet, but an still debating on which direction to go. My brother's both have Edge w/ attitudes for their Dodge's (02 & 05) and they work well. Better on the 02 than 05 due to the increased electronics. The Edge doesn't really do anything for the transmission and they are becoming more and more computer controlled.

Any way I asked the same question and here are some of the responses that I got:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/210221-edge-tuners.html

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Innovative diesel, Gearhead, GoGo Diesel, Quick Tricks, Truck Source Diesel.. All on SCT X3 is all i would ever recommend for a 6.0 to a fellow powerstroke owner. Do it right the first time

·
Registered
173 Posts
Edge juice w/ attitude platinum

i have a 2005 with the Edge juice with attiude platinum, it ranges from stock to stage 5 or stage (6) if you unlock it for some cash from edge. it controls the trans. really well with more options than the bullydog pmt or the sct. as for power love it. i am sure it is no sct, but with the stage six unlocked it puts down major smoke :woot: . plus it comes with safety features so you don't melt down your investment ;) .

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
i have a 2005 with the Edge juice with attiude platinum, it ranges from stock to stage 5 or stage (6) if you unlock it for some cash from edge. it controls the trans. really well with more options than the bullydog pmt or the sct. as for power love it. i am sure it is no sct, but with the stage six unlocked it puts down major smoke :woot: . plus it comes with safety features so you don't melt down your investment ;) .
Usually means poor tuning and higher EGT's.. Shift on the fly uses the same trans strategy so that also is not good either

·
Registered
173 Posts
stage 6 for me is just for play... i generally keep the smoke down, in doing so i never get high egt's and around town i average 17 mpg. and highway 20 and the trans tune does help i ran a bullydog pmt (to try it), then ran my edge and the tuning was a big difference as far as smooth shifting with increased power level. in MY opinion its a good all around chip for the money.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, I emailed QuickTricks last night and am patiently waiting a response on the X3 lol. I've read nothing bad about Vivian in particular and it sounds like her tunes are more than the best for the average person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts