Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to powerstroke.org, and new to the PSD world as well. I bought an '04 F350 3 months ago. It's a stock truck, and seems to be in great condition. I bought a used Edge Platinum Juice Attitude tuner yesterday. I've installed it as per instructions, but the head unit won't show anything. There is power to it (beeps when buttons are pushed, blue LED lighting visible) but nothing will come up on the screen. At one point while messing with it, the monitor page came up. I turned the ignition off, and when I turned it on again, nothing.

I've done a forum search and haven't had any luck. I notice most guys on here prefer the SCT tuners, I'm really more interested in the monitoring functions, particularly the EGT. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and has a solution before I go try and get my money back.

Luckily the guy who sold it to me seems honest, said it was working when he removed it, and if I can't make it work he'll refund me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also since I'm thinking this thing will be going back, does anyone have any suggestions for a good monitoring unit?

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you have an iphone the dashboss works good. Scanguage is another good option. I didn't have good luck out of the cts I had, kept cutting off and after so long wouldn't even link up with the truck. But, others have had great luck with it. It monitored everything you could think of and I loved it, just didn't work out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just sent my platinum edge unit back to edge..There was nothing wrong with it .But edge has a loyalty program that if you send them your old unit..everything except the egr probe..for just over half of the new price they send you an new cs or cts depending on what you want.. These older units are not upgradeble like the new ones..kinda like an old computer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts