Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in the Edge New Evolution controller for my new 6.4. Does anyone have any experience with this on the 6.4 regarding fuel economy improvements?. Not looking for high HP necessarily, mainly better economy for now. Any "pros & cons" would be appreciated from anyone who is using this.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Interested in the Edge New Evolution controller for my new 6.4. Does anyone have any experience with this on the 6.4 regarding fuel economy improvements?. Not looking for high HP necessarily, mainly better economy for now. Any "pros & cons" would be appreciated from anyone who is using this.
Thanks in advance!
I had it in my vehicle for about 1 1/2 months. I liked that it read all parameters from the OBDII port, I liked the extra kick it gave to the truck, but unfortunately I didn't see any MPG gains on my end. However, I do have a pretty heavy foot & that's probably the reason why. I currently have it for sale, PM me if your interested, I have some pics of the set up in my gallery.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Edge W/ Attitude, my wife drives the truck everyday. With out the programmer she gets 10-13mph on the hwy. With the programmer she see's 16-18.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Thanks in advance!
WELCOME TO ORG! ! !

If your wanting better economy go with the SCT w/ Custom Tunes w/ DPF delete and you will see major improvement in fuel mileage

Talk with Julian (Twinturbostroker) he can tell you all about it

·
Registered
48 Posts
WELCOME TO ORG! ! !

If your wanting better economy go with the SCT w/ Custom Tunes w/ DPF delete and you will see major improvement in fuel mileage

Talk with Julian (Twinturbostroker) he can tell you all about it
For one I'm not ready to just throw away my warranty...witch is what you are doing with the dpf delete. By no means am I saying that I will never do it, just not till I have at least 25 -30k on the truck:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have an Edge Evo....not a DPF delete...but a regular Evo for the 6.4 with the pod for sale...$350......perfect condition, and I have a BRAND NEW in the box Edge Juice with Attitude for sale for the 6.4 for $550...this particular MODULE I am told is not detectable by the service techs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an Edge Evo....not a DPF delete...but a regular Evo for the 6.4 with the pod for sale...$350......perfect condition, and I have a BRAND NEW in the box Edge Juice with Attitude for sale for the 6.4 for $550...this particular MODULE I am told is not detectable by the service techs.
That is the same thing the tech's told me about my Juice W/ Attitude:thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the evo in my 08 for a while. No noticable gains in mileage. Extra power was there, but if you're looking for mileage increase this is not the way to go. I drove my truck like a little old lady and still no increase that was noticable. The pod and unit sit on the dash nicely and the parameters it reads are nice. I would probably keep looking. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
286 Posts
W9GBB de W7TZS Welcom, Also studying the gage and tuner products, looks like most lean toward the sct

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the edge with juice for 8 months. it was nice to see all the parameters, clear dtc's, and have extra power. But for mpg increases, I got maybe 1mpg. If it were me, wait until you are ready to go all the way with a dpf delete.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the edge and like these other guys i have not noticed any change in MPG. I have burned 100% biodiesel and saved about 50 cents a gal.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
The SCT or Spartan DPF delete systems are going to give you to big gains in economy. The DPF is the big killer of fuel economy on these trucks.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i had it in my 08 6.4l for 3 months . onj the milage tune the mpg went up but only slightly. mabey 2mpg, but if you use the extreme setting as i found out in my case it clogs the dpf very quickly which then causes it to go into regen mode way more (which scales back any mpg increase a whole bunch) then in my case it became so pluged thati could only get 250miles per tank, then te dealer would not warranty the DPF so i went with spartan 274 tunes and DPF delete. I wish i would have done it from the start, the truck run 900% better now than it ever did. and i went from stock (before the edge) 16-16.5 mpg at 70mph on a long trip to 23.5 on the same trip, speed everything with the spartan. oh and did i mention it RUNS 900% better.
IMO go with the spartan or atleast the SCT and delete the DPF and regen function.
If you dont , dont say we didnt warn you

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The biggest mileage killer on these trucks is DPF regen. Without removing this, you will never see great economy increases.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I ran the Edge with Attitude in my 06 F350 6.0 because it lies to the computer/sensors and local dealer couldn't see a footprint where it had been...It doesn't change the computer programming.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ran the Edge juice with attitude and no increase in mileage. Mine is for sale since I now have the Spartan if anyone is interested

1 - 20 of 22 Posts