Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions as im new to the diesel world. I have an 02 F250 SD. Im currently looking at starting to add some stuff to it. As far as a chip/programer goes im looking at the Edge Juice with Attitude. Like i said, im fairly new to the diesel world and would appreciate some advice. Is it a good chip? Anyone running one? I also have a couple other questions. Is there other things i should do to it before a chip/programer? What is the big differences between chips, and programers? What are safe boost levels to run with a stock truck like mine? Im not really trying to blow the heads off of it haha. Any other mod suggestions people have that are working or not working would be much appreciated. The more information the better. Thank you. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
First, :ORG welcome:

Second, do some searching! There are tons of threads with the exact questions answered that you are asking.

The chip, not good. search for info on chips.
Mods before chip, yes there are! Do another search for that. Most of that info is going to be included in the chip threads.

Happy searching! :thumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got DP Tuner. Works great!

·
Registered
609 Posts
if your going to get a edge go for the Edge Evolution programmer it looks like a gameboy. But your far better off buying a chip way better for your tranny. the altituide will just destroy your tranny! For mods do the 6637 air intake cheaper then buying the ford AIS,Gages are a must if you going to chip it so you know what your engine and tranny is doing, Straight pipe it or put an exhaust system on it. 4in is all you really need 5in just has a deeper sound and isnt really needed unless you pushing serious HP but thats your call. I personally like the sound of the 5in better. those are pretty much your basic intro mods that can be done relativly cheap. next would bigger turbo,bigger injectors. Being it is an 02 though you are running PCR's so you cant push more then 450hp i belive before you will break them.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Go custom or leave it stock. Only 2 ways it can be trusted.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
that chip will destroy your truck. its meant for a duramax not a ford.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Came on my truck. readout was convenient. not worth the programing tho. WWAAYY too much timing for PMR. sounded like an old IDI on a cold day. Seriously lacked power compared to whats out there for cheaper.
After I was done all my non programing mods. RR, T500, in tank, up pipes, turbo, ect in my sig. the truck went better with no tunes than it did stock with just attitude

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
^Man thats a sweet truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts