Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2006 f350 6.0 and it has the esge juice with attitude in it and in stage 5 i figured it would blow some black smoke but it dosent. Does yours?

·
Administrator
30,490 Posts
Ya it's not good to smoke

but you can go into back menus a plenty and set it to cloud

just don't do it in public please ,, Deisels are frowned upon because of this
and that tuner isn't really Ideal for your truck ,, mine sits in a drawer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Im not saying i want black smoke im saying my buddys truck blew smoke and he had same chip. Im wondering if its supposed to or not because then one of ours isnt right

·
Administrator
30,490 Posts
yours is using fuel and making power more efficiently

He has changed parameters in the menus

there is also different revisions

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Or your buddy has IC boot damage, up-pipe/y-pipe/exhaust manifold leak, damaged CAC system. In other words, mechanical issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also just found a leack in y cross pipe just above my manifold. Is it going to harm anything ? My mechanic says its just and exhaust leak and goin to be annoying because of the ticking you hear in the can

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I also just found a leack in y cross pipe just above my manifold. Is it going to harm anything ? My mechanic says its just and exhaust leak and goin to be annoying because of the ticking you hear in the can
Find a mechanic that knows diesels!!

A leak at the manifolds,y-pipe,up-pipes will cause low boost, poor performance, and if the leak is bad enough can throw a code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually just spent 7500 on owm head gasket arp studs and new heads because mine cracked egr delete and a cpl injectors. And what boost pressure should my truck be running. When im heavy in the throttle its about 23-25 on level 3

·
Registered
554 Posts
I actually just spent 7500 on owm head gasket arp studs and new heads because mine cracked egr delete and a cpl injectors. And what boost pressure should my truck be running. When im heavy in the throttle its about 23-25 on level 3
I see like 30 on open throttle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts